Molecular Ecology and Evolution of Aquatic Organisms
Lorenzo Zane, Leonardo Congiu, Chiara Papetti, Elisa Boscari, Ilaria Anna Maria Marino, Luca Schiavon, Alessandra Battistotti.
The team’s main research interests are
- the evolution of marine organisms including a wide range of fish and invertebrate species;
- the evolution of diadromous fish with particular interest in sturgeons;
- the development and application of informative methods to delimitate populations of marine species;
- the enforcement of trade controls through the development of genetic markers for pure species and for identification of hybrids;
- the support to ex situ and in situ conservation programs, such as the development of captive breeding plans or the estimation of connectivity among marine organism’s populations for the planning of Marine Protected Areas networks.
Overarching goal is to use molecular tools in the conservation of biodiversity and management of marine and fresh water organisms of commercial and ecological interest.
- Prof. Julian Ashford, Old Dominion University (USA), Department of Ocean, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences; email@example.com;
- Prof. Edward Farrell, University College Dublin (Ireland) School of Biology and Environmental Science, Science Centre West; firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Dr. Magnus Lucassen, Alfred Wegener Institute (email@example.com);
- Dr. Arne Ludwig, Institute for zoo and wildlife research, Berlin, Germany (firstname.lastname@example.org);
- Prof. Qiwei Wei, Yangtze River Fisheries Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Fishery Sciences (weiqw@yﬁ.ac.cn);
- Dr. Joern Gessner, Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries, Department of Biology and Ecology of Fishes, Berlin, Germany (email@example.com);
- Dr. Nikolai Mugue, VNIRO Russia Research Institute of Marine Fisheries and Oceanography Moscow, Russia (firstname.lastname@example.org);
- Dr. R. Ogden, TRACE Wildlife Forensics Network, RZSS, Edinburgh, UK (email@example.com);
- Dr. A. Zitek, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Wien, Austria (firstname.lastname@example.org);
- Dr. Milos Havelka, Hokkaido University, Faculty and Graduate School of Fisheries Sciences (email@example.com).
- Papetti C, Schiavon L, Milan M, Lucassen M, Caccavo JA, Paterno M, Boscari E, Marino IAM, Congiu L, Zane L (2018) Genetic variability of the striped venus Chamelea gallina in the northern Adriatic Sea. Fisheries Research, 201:68-78, doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2018.01.00
- Ingrosso G, Abbiati M, Badalamenti F, Bavestrello G, Belmonte, G, Cannas R, Benedetti-Cecchi L, Bertolino M, Bevilacqua S, Bianchi CN, Bo M, Boscari E, Cardone F, Cattaneo-Vietti R, Cau A, Cerrano C, Chemello R, Chimienti G, … Boero F (2018). Mediterranean bioconstructions along the Italian coasts. Advances in Marine Biology, 79: 31-136.
- Paterno M, Schiavina M, Aglieri G, Jamila Ben Souissi, Elisa Boscari, Renato Casagrandi, Aurore Chassanite, Mariachiara Chiantore, Leonardo Congiu, Giuseppe Guarnieri, Claudia Kruschel, Vesna Macic, Ilaria A. M. Marino, Chiara Papetti, Tomaso Patarnello, Lorenzo Zane, Paco Melià (2017) Population genomics meet Lagrangian simulations: Oceanographic patterns and long larval duration ensure connectivity among Paracentrotus lividus populations in the Adriatic and Ionian seas. Ecol Evol. 1–17. https://doi.org/10.1002/ece3.2844
- Boscari E, Vitulo N, Ludwig A, Caruso C, MugueNS, Suciu R, Onara DF, Papetti C, Marino IAM, Zane L, Congiu L (2017) Fast genetic identification of the Beluga sturgeon and its sought-after caviar to stem illegal trade Food Control 75: 145–152
- Boscari E., Pujolar JM., Dupanloup Isabelle., Corradin R., Congiu L. (2014) Captive breeding programs based on family groups in polyploid sturgeons. PloS one Volume: 9 Issue: 10 Pages: e110951 DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0110951